Labels

addiction (1) affliction (2) angels (2) answers to gospel questions (1) antichrist (1) apostasy (4) authority (1) Babylon (3) baptism (1) baptism by fire (2) blessings (2) Book of Mormon (3) book of revelation (2) Book: Seek Ye This Jesus (1) celestial law (2) charity (2) child-like (1) Christ (1) church history (2) commandment (4) commandments of men (2) condescension (1) consecration (1) cut off (1) denver snuffer (3) desire (2) destruction at second coming (1) destruction of USA (9) disasters (3) doctrine of Christ (1) dreams (2) earthquakes (1) Eiljah (1) end times (4) ensign (1) errors in scripture (1) excommunication (2) faith (1) false traditions (8) fasting (1) follow the prophet (1) freedom (1) fullness (1) fullness of the Gentiles (3) gathering (1) Gentiles (2) Gideon (1) giving (1) godly suffering (5) gossip (1) great and marvelous work (1) happiness (2) Holy Ghost (4) humility (1) idolatry (3) iniquity (2) Isaiah (2) Jesus (6) Joseph Smith (4) keys (1) king of assyria (1) kings (1) knowledge (1) Lamanites (1) law of Moses (1) Lehites (1) lies (1) light and truth (8) love (1) miracles (1) Nauvoo (1) New Jerusalem (1) offense (1) one mighty and strong (4) opposition (1) parables (15) patience (1) perfection (1) plan of salvation (1) plural marriage (5) polygamy (1) power (1) power in priesthood (2) prayer (4) priesthood (1) prophecy (2) prophet (1) psalms (1) questions (1) redeemed from the fall (1) remnant of Jacob (3) repentance (5) restoration (4) revelation (9) revelator (1) sacrifice (1) Samson (1) Satan (2) scripture study (9) scriptures (1) sealing power (2) Second Comforter (1) Second Coming (1) see God (5) seer (1) setting up stakes (1) shrewdness (1) signs (2) sin (1) skepticism (1) suffering (2) teaching the gospel (1) telestial (2) telestial law (1) temple recommend (1) temple work (1) temples (4) temptation (5) the poor (1) tithing (1) trials (2) tribulation (1) true messengers (6) trust in God (2) truth (8) unbelief (2) visions (4) visitations (1) waiting on the Lord (1) Warrior (1) wealth (1) word of God (2) wresting scripture (1) Zion (2)

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I speak to my prophets everywhere



A few years ago, I was overcome with a desire to better understand the scriptures describing events to occur leading up to the Second Coming of Christ. I undertook many study and prayer sessions with the intent to learn more about these events from God. As my picture of things to come focused, I found myself overwhelmed at the magnitude of the tribulation described in the scriptures. Then I found myself puzzled. If so much is going to happen, and if it is going to happen soon, why haven't I heard anything about it till now? After all,

 7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. (Amos 3:7)

If we are entering into the tribulation prophesied for so long, then surely God should be showing such to at least a few people. I became aware of several LDS who have had visions of things to come, who have received promptings as to where to be and what to be doing. I then wondered, "shouldn't God also be warning other Christians? After all, I know some very good Christians who are very close to Jesus."

13 And that he manifesteth himself unto all those who believe in him, by the power of the Holy Ghost; yea, unto every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, working mighty miracles, signs, and wonders, among the children of men according to their faith. (2 Nephi 26:12-13)

I realize that there are Mormons who think that only Mormons can be prophets, seers, or revelators, or (in the extreme) that anything we need to know will come from the pulpit of general conference. Though this idea could be disproved with any number of scriptures, here is a fun application of just one passage:

6 Thou fool, that shall say: A [prophet], we have got a [prophet], and we need no more [prophet]....
 7 Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?
 8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.
 9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.
 10 Wherefore, because that ye have a [prophet] ye need not suppose that [he speaks] all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be [revealed].
 11 For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written.
 12 For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it. (2 Nephi 29)

Sure enough, there are at least a few Christians who have been showed a thing or two. In fact, they've been shown a lot. I don't vouch for what these folks say, however I can find scriptures to corroborate what they say as at least one possible fulfillment of prophecy.

John Paul Jackson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdhZ9LSVNSU
https://youtu.be/3RCJgmORAi4
https://youtu.be/n6ZdeV_BTFc

Mena Lee Gribbin
https://youtu.be/9BT14xNGr9Y
https://youtu.be/J9bu_Uuuk7s

TD Hales
http://z3news.com/w/td-hale-prophetic-dreams-tell-the-future-of-america/
http://z3news.com/w/td-hale-4th-prophetic-dream/
https://finalvoices.wordpress.com/2015/06/05/rubicon/

Rebecca Sterling
https://youtu.be/WkJV9jmgiMw (annoying host keeps interrupting)

John Johnston
https://youtu.be/xbl9C9tFUZ0
https://youtu.be/XdOtfk8kFi0
https://youtu.be/VZbMp9ePULk

I had my own experience with a nomad prophet. About a year ago I picked up a hitchhiker in the middle of nowhere. Several hours later, this man told me about visions the Lord had shown him. He was not LDS, and had never read the Book of Mormon or talked with members. He said the Lord had shown him the state of the Indians before the arrival of the whites, and told him that they were a chosen people to him. He also was shown that China and Russia would invade the US after launching a "superflu" here. He said massive storms are coming to this country.

Meanwhile, even the secular world is issuing warnings of incoming calamity. Many scientific reports have been released about imminent volcanic eruptions, or overdue earthquakes in places like Utah, California, and the Northwest. I read financial advice daily that calls for an unprecedented stock market crash this September due to a collusion of factors, including the fed raising interest rates.

 23 And again, the Lord shall utter his voice out of heaven, saying: Hearken, O ye nations of the earth, and hear the words of that God who made you.
 24 O, ye nations of the earth, how often would I have gathered you together as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, but ye would not!
 25 How oft have I called upon you by the mouth of my servants, and by the ministering of angels, and by mine own voice, and by the voice of thunderings, and by the voice of lightnings, and by the voice of tempests, and by the voice of earthquakes, and great hailstorms, and by the voice of famines and pestilences of every kind, and by the great sound of a trump, and by the voice of judgment, and by the voice of mercy all the day long, and by the voice of glory and honor and the riches of eternal life, and would have saved you with an everlasting salvation, but ye would not!
(D&C 43)

 87 For not many days hence and the earth shall tremble and reel to and fro as a drunken man; and the sun shall hide his face, and shall refuse to give light; and the moon shall be bathed in blood; and the stars shall become exceedingly angry, and shall cast themselves down as a fig that falleth from off a fig tree.
 88 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people.
 89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.
 90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.
 91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.
(D&C 88)

I pray that you have obtained from the Lord his will for you in the time to come, and that you are being gathered like a hen's chicks. The time of judgment is upon us.