Here are some things I've heard people say:
- "Yeah, I know God sends prophets, but there are so many imposters."
- "[Insert random thing here] is the mark of the beast! Don't get it!"
- "I hope the Lord comes soon and saves us from all of this."
There are many parts of end times scripture that are cryptic. This is intentional. God will reveal those parts in plainness.
However, even now there are a bunch of parts of these passages that should be abundantly clear. The only excuse we have for being as confused as we are is utter laziness when it comes to reading what we have received. How do you expect something so important to come to you when you've done basically nothing to study it? Make a list of everything you have spent more time on, and realize how little right you have to pretend you care at all about what God has said about what is and what will be.
Here are some very obvious things that you can assure yourself have not yet happened, and which you will certainly notice:
1. Anything past the fourth seal. During the fourth seal, 1/4 of the world's population will die from violence, pestilence, and famine (see Revelation 6:8). That has not happened yet. Even if you don't understand what is meant by the cause (death and hell), you can understand that it hasn't happened yet. Even if you are living under a rock, you will notice the opening of the sixth seal. There will be a massive earthquake, the sun will turn black, the moon will turn red, and everyone will think it is the end of the world.
2. The mark of the beast is preceded by a great many things, among which are many very obvious things. Some of those things, like the establishment of Zion, will not be public events. But others will be publicly known by all people on earth. Among these is the public ministry of two great ministers doing miracles equivalent to those performed by Moses and Elijah for about three and a half years at a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. Everyone on earth will have access to their ministry and will see their death and resurrection (see Revelation 11). Anyone who says anything about receiving the mark of the beast before that happens has no idea what they are talking about.
3. Jesus will not be returning publicly until after the seven seals, seven trumpets, and seven vials. That isn't going to happen any time soon. And don't accuse me of saying "the Lord delayeth his coming." The originally stated plan can't be called a delay. I'm not encouraging anyone to delay their preparations, as most of this planet and probably most of you reading this will die long before that happens.
4. The end times period is much longer than 7 years. Here is a brief proof: We are presently no further than the fourth seal. Even if the events that do not have time periods indicated (the pouring out of the vials, the gathering of the 144k, the gospel preached to everyone by people who actually know it, the interplanetary events of the trumpets, the death of 1/3 of the world by the four angels army, etc.) were instantaneous (they won't be), we still have a ways to go until the potentially overlapping events whose length of time is provided (the beast's kingdom reigns for 4 years, the events of Revelation 12 take 7 years, the two witnesses minister for about 3.5 years in Jerusalem, and the torment of the fifth trumpet lasts 5 months).
- I am not aware of anyone speaking of last days events who has any idea what they are talking about.
- These things are going to play out in a period longer than anyone I know thinks.
- These things are going to be far worse than anyone I know thinks.
You are not ready to meet Christ at his coming. Almost no one has actually repented of the sins they know of, and even those that have still have a lot to learn before they can be prepared to have joy at his coming.
You need to focus on gaining trust in the Lord. You don't trust him enough, and you will need every day he is giving you to gain the trust you have to have in order to become what you must become here, before it is everlastingly too late.