Skip to main content

Our God is a mighty God

God is a warrior. [Zephaniah 3:17] He rides towards the sound of battle. He is relentless. [Jeremiah 32:27] He never gives up on what is right. [Isaiah 45:19] He will never, ever stop trying to help all who will receive help. [Alma 12:15]

He is a rock. [D&C 50:44] He is unwavering and unmovable [John 16:33]. The more the darkness presses into him, the harder he pushes back. [John 1:4-5]

His love is never ending. [Lamentations 3:22-24] Nothing that can be done can decrease it or cause it to cease. [Romans 8:35-39] 

God is good. [Psalm 100:5] He is loving, merciful, and true. [Alma 5:48] No amount of trust in him will ever be betrayed. [Proverbs 29:25] No amount of darkness can extinguish or dim his light. [D&C 50:23-25]

Invite him into your life. [D&C 88:63] Seek him in all things. [D&C 6:36] Be relentlessly faithful and obedient to him. [Philippians 2:5-8] To the extent you have obtained his goodness inside of yourself through learning and living his character, you will feel his strength and project his goodness. [Philippians 4:11-13] When the waves of life crash upon you, glorify him by standing up to them. [Romans 8:31] Lean into your faith in him, and let them break against you. [Isaiah 41:10]

The faithful will shine as lights as they maintain their trust in God at all costs, even unto death. [Revelation 2:10] Whenever you are assaulted by darkness, rejoice. [1 Peter 1:6-7] It is an opportunity to illustrate the goodness of God and fight against Satan by showing that God's love for you is greater than anything that can happen to you. [Matthew 5:14-16] [Alma 8:31]

REFERENCES

[Zephaniah 3:17] The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. (Zephaniah 3:17, NRSV)

[Jeremiah 32:27] Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? (Jeremiah 32:27)

[Isaiah 45:19] I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, ‘Seek me in vain.’ I the Lord speak the truth; I declare what is right. (Isaiah 45:19, ESV)

[D&C 50:44] Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall. (D&C 50:44)

[John 16:33] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)

[John 1:4-5] 4 In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men. 5 And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it [put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it]. (John 1:4-5, AMP)

[Lamentations 3:22-24] The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;  they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,  “therefore I will hope in him.” (Lamentations 3:22-24, ESV)

[Romans 8:35-39] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:35-39)

[Alma 12:15] - But this cannot be; we must come forth and stand before him in his glory, and in his power, and in his might, majesty, and dominion, and acknowledge to our everlasting shame that all his judgments are just; that he is just in all his works, and that he is merciful unto the children of men, and that he has all power to save every man that believeth on his name and bringeth forth fruit meet for repentance. (Alma 12:15)

[Psalm 100:5] For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. (Psalm 100:5)

[Proverbs 29:25] The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe. (Proverbs 29:25)

[Alma 5:48] I say unto you, that I know of myself that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name. (Alma 5:48)

[D&C 50:23-25] And that which doth not edify is not of God, and is darkness. That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day. And again, verily I say unto you, and I say it that you may know the truth, that you may chase darkness from among you; (D&C 50:23-25)

[D&C 88:63] Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. (D&C 88:63)

[D&C 6:36] Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. (D&C 6:36)

[Philippians 2:5-8] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

[Philippians 4:11-13] Not that I speak in need. For I have learned to be content in any circumstance in which I find myself. I have been taught how to live in a dual state of abasement and abounding no matter my circumstances: I can have both all the joy of abundance and all the benefit of deficiency in all things and in everything. Because both my attainment and my attenuation are in subjection to the Lord’s divine will, I have power to do all things that are accordant with His character. (Philippians 4:11-13, Author's Reflection)

[Romans 8:31]  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)

[Isaiah 41:10] Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10)

[Revelation 2:10] Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. (Revelation 2:10)

[1 Peter 1:6-7] Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: (1 Peter 1:6-7)

[Matthew 5:14-16] Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 5:14-16)

[Alma 8:31] And they had power given unto them, insomuch that they could not be confined in dungeons; neither was it possible that any man could slay them; nevertheless they did not exercise their power until they were bound in bands and cast into prison. Now, this was done that the Lord might show forth his power in them. (Alma 8:31)