Skip to main content

Whosoever shall put their trust in God

And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day. (Alma 36:3)

And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me. (Alma 36:27)

Trust in God. Trust him with all your heart and mind. Lean into him with all your strength. Let him lead you. Do not pull away your hand from his plow [1] or turn your eye away from his light [2]. The Lord's path for you will include sorrow and trials and afflictions more sore than anything you can imagine. He knows what he is doing, and the joy and peace that lie on the other side of the necessary process he will subject you to are just as unimaginable to you at present as their cost.

No matter what you face, now or later as you grow to be capable of facing more, you will not be disappointed if you "have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions." (Alma 34:41)

[1] And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. (Luke 9:62)

[2] The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. (Matthew 6:22)