Skip to main content

Biting my tongue

One fun thing about my life is that I get to offend all people at the same time. This means on any given issue, odds are there are people out there from every position that can be held on that issue who hate what I have to say about it, or hate me for saying it.

I am sure there are plenty of people who think I say far too much about far too much. Even from people who say they appreciate what I say, I often hear "I can't keep up with the volume of what you are producing." An interesting side note on that point that I've been meaning to say: it's important for you to learn how to cope. It is going to get much worse (or better, depending on how much you value truth). Sometimes, the only way to hold on is to let go. Or, better put, the only way to hold on to God is to let go of yourself.

Anyway, I want to state for the record that right now I am sharing on the order of an insignificantly small percent of what I could say.

The Lord's promises are true, and this one is no exception:

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (John 7:38)

This water does not come with a valve. You have to use your body to regulate the flow, and it it not pleasant. Those who have looked upon heavenly beings of glory have described fire in their eyes. Those who have been grafted into the river of life experience that same experience from the other end. They know what causes that fire. I don't know how I could manage that if it weren't for everything God has led me through.

God has taught me a lot of things. One thing I need to deal with each day is the challenge of withholding what I have been told. It is God's desire for us all to share the things he shares with us:

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. (Matthew 10:27)

...but it has to be done according to his example and will:

But it must needs be done in mine own way... (D&C 104:16)

He has rules governing the sharing of information not previously revealed and, like everything he does, they are calculated to maximize the benefit of all.

In the past, much has been withheld in order to provide the greatest amount of time to prepare. Certain important things change once something is revealed, and other important things change according to the plainness in which it is revealed. Much more on that later.

As we approach the End Times, the rules of the game have been modified somewhat. These changes don't reflect a change in how God is, or how he does things, it is just that the reason for some of the rules was to provide more time, and we have reached the end of that time period. We are shifting from the age when the purpose was to provide a place for all mankind to come and advance as much as they will into the age when the righteous are provided with everything they have a right to. It's very different in purpose and format.

Anyway, I was particularly bombarded this morning by ideas that I would love to tell you more about. 

I appreciate the bounds God has given me in sharing what he has taught me.

The essential rule is to present the information in such a way that:

1) It is as plain as I can make it.

2) It is provided in a way that makes mitigates the harm that would otherwise be done by the ignorant and malevolent. 

Number one requires a ridiculous amount of time learning, writing and rewriting, thinking, living, rinse and repeat, hours a day, every day, for years and years.

Number two requires that I resist the urge to say something when I see the many needs for the things God has taught me before I finish the books. The book format is very important for the purpose of giving ideas in context, bound (literally) with everything that goes with them, in order to prevent many otherwise inevitable problems. These include cherry picking things you like while ignoring things you don't like, cherry picking one idea to falsely accuse me of things the rest of the context disproves, and--maybe most importantly--giving sufficient arguments against harmful misunderstandings or misuses for those ideas right there on the same page where you first hear about them.

Note that missing from this list is "things people are not prepared to hear." That bound has been removed due to our entry into the End Times, and this is why it is so important for you to gain the ability to run faster than you do. One of the best ways to gain the ability to run faster for longer is running intervals where you intentionally sprint as fast as you can--beyond the point of being able to catch your breath. The more comfortable you become in being uncomfortable, the faster you can run the race. There is still time to practice for the timed trial, though that time is limited and short.

There are plenty of extremely specific applications that can be shared. These also need to be regulated, because it is easy to say too much, and every word takes time away from the larger, more important task (hence why I don't so much as proofread these blog posts). But these "free samples" are also important, as they help people prepare. Furthermore, I am allowed to sneak extraordinarily important ideas into them as long as I don't make a huge fuss about them (which is really difficult, by the way, since I am acutely aware of the worth of what I am saying), because it preserves the ability for others to exercise faith, noticing and perceiving value in hidden gems, especially when the title of the video has nothing to do with that nugget, and especially when I sense that most viewers would have left by that point in the video. Even in the most rambling rant, you will regularly find things that have not been revealed from the foundation of the world. The blog posts and videos are a sprinkle before the flood, giving people an idea of what the liquid is like, to try to help them prepare themselves for it when it comes in much greater abundance, seemingly all at once.