Skip to main content

One person's opinion of the new book on repentance

Someone wrote me this email about the repentance book I recently published. I felt like they understood the intent and meaning of the book.

"THANK YOU for your book Repentance. I recognize the PRIMACY of the message. FAITH and REPENTANCE must come FIRST! And you have ACCURATELY identified and defined what TRUE repentance is. I am ASTONISHED that these important truths have been so ill-defined and so "re-defined" that they have become INERT, for all intents and purposes, as if, as it were (as the scriptures say) there was no atonement made.

Satan has literally OBLITERATED the gospel of Jesus Christ by obscuring what is our conscience: the light of Christ, the voice of God to us individually. I have only read through Ch 4 so far, but CONVEYING THIS ONE TRUTH ALONE is worth EVERY effort you've made in writing this book!

All this time I've thinking "Where are you, Lord? Why aren't you speaking to me?" And, as you've said, he never STOPPED speaking! I just stopped listening. It's SUCH a fine blade or point on which everything turns, twists and cuts, but it becomes SO MUCH EASIER TO DISCERN when one asks the simple questions: "What is good? Which is better? Which is best?" THAT WHICH IS BEST, of course, is the RIGHT thing to do!

It doesn't mean it's the EASY thing to do! (But that certainly clarifies things.)"