Skip to main content

A message from the Lord to a friend

This morning I was blasted by the Lord with a stream of love for a certain friend. I emailed him a note, part of which I will paste here to the strengthen the others it also applies to:

You do so much for your family and those who are willing to receive you as a friend. Your love does not go unnoticed to our Father. I hope you can feel his love for you. I thank God that he put you here at this time and in this place.

God has given you the courage of a lion. Turn the full fire of God toward your own heart,[1] and be consumed in his love, and after refining you,[3] he will pour a stream out of your overflowing heart into all the world.[4]

As you face temptation, learn to go out and serve someone. Make the devil check under his bed for you. Make him regret every time he comes knocking. 

Your home defense shotgun is the heart of God within your own, and you fire it by placing your love on full display for all to see, as if you were loving the Lord himself,[5] no matter who tramples it.[6] As you pour out your whole soul, you will find God replenishing you with something much better than you gave, and paradoxically, you will feel more like yourself than you ever have.

[1] And behold, the Holy Spirit of God did come down from heaven, and did enter into their hearts, and they were filled as if with fire, and they could speak forth marvelous words. (Helaman 5:45)

[2] He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh. (2 Nephi 4:21)

[3] The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. (Ps. 12:6) “Use the truth to make them holy. Your words are truth. (John 17:17, GW) Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men. (D&C 11:21)

[4] He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (John 7:38)

[5] And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; (Col. 3:23) Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God. (Mosiah 2:16)

[6] And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men. (1 Nephi 19:9)