Skip to main content

Seek Jesus to become free from temptation

No one needs to continue to struggle in temptation. The Lord is mighty to save. Seek him and he will teach you how to overcome what presently overcomes you; he has overcome all things, he knows the way to do so, and he desires for you to follow him.

Jesus never sinned [1], yet he learned obedience by the things he suffered [2]. How is it that he had any obedience to learn if he never sinned? Jesus was tempted by the devil in the wilderness, but he overcame him. Nothing the devil did to tempt Jesus during that time would have tempted him after that time.

All sin is a misappropriation of desire based on either a lack of information or a lack of honesty. If you find yourself tempted in anything, humble yourself before God and apply the honesty you lack, or seek God to provide you with the information you lack. In either case, he will lead you to overcome what presently overcomes you.

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

[1] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. (Hebrews 4:15)

[2] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; (Hebrews 5:8)